Friday, March 5, 2010

Playdough Fun


Yesterday we made playdough using koolaid to color it and give it a good smell. Lauren used grape for some pretty purple dough & Chloe picked cherry for a nice pink color.
We used our fun plastic cookie cutters and Zoo Pals utensils for cutting & such.
The girls really enjoyed making the recipe. I discovered a couple of things with it though.
1. The recipe required more water & oil than noted.
2. Homemade playdough is much easier to clean up than store bought.
This was a fun art & craft project, I believe we'll do it again very soon.


Recipe:

1 1/2 c. cold water
1 c. salt
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 pkg. koolaid
3 c. flour
2 Tbs. cornstarch

Mix cold water, salt, oil & koolaid in medium bowl. Set aside.
In stand mixer, using kneading hook, mix flour & cornstarch then add in wet ingredients. I got it mixed together pretty good & then put it in a very large bowl for the girls to work out until it looked like playdough.

**This is not the exact recipe I found, I tweaked it to make it "right" for us. So this is my "tweaked recipe".**

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List