Thursday, March 11, 2010

Marathon Cooking

Yesterday was a busy day for me~
I didn't get the chance to do my usual Sunday cooking so my week was totally off. I decided I better get on it so my cooking stress would be null and this weekend the kids would have something good to eat without having to be on the Ramen Diet while I'm gone to Summit weekend.
Here are some pictures of my crazy kitchen:

This is my crockpot chicken fajitas. They are so very yummy! All I need to do is make some fresh guacamole, warm some tortillas & supper will be served.


This is my Mexi-Chicken (my bestfriend Kelli calls it Katie Chicken when she makes it. LOL). I make this pretty much weekly as a staple for lunches & quick snacks. It freezes beautifully too.

Here's how you can make it too:

3 boneless/skinless chicken breast
1 c. chicken broth
3 Tbs. taco seasoning mix
1 sm. can diced green chiles

Put all in crockpot for about 6 hours on low. When it's fork tender, shred in the pot so it will soak up all the juices. Then use it for chicken tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, nachos, or just right on a piece of bread or a bun. It's just too yummy!

So, while I had both crockpots working on the countertop, I had my oven on too.
I put a nice 8lb brisket in there. Oh my...the house smelled heavenly last night when we walked in from church.
We had some of that for supper tonight with couscous & green beans. With your meat already cooked, you can have supper on the table in less than 15 minutes. It's wonderful!



Now for today (Thursday):

It was a great day. We've been discussing & learning about the Solar System this week. Lauren is loving it, Chloe too but Lauren especially.
While they did their workbooks I did some housekeeping. I was shocked at how much junk I vacuumed up today. It looked like I hadn't ran the vacuum in months! Where did all this stuff come from? Holy smokes...I also vacuumed the blinds today. Wow...I'm thinking I should do that more often after what all I saw. It was scary.

We then got on our bikes, headed over to Ms. Trish's house for a NAHE field trip committee meeting. We love going to Trish's house. She has great kids the same ages & a nice big yard & home for the kids to play in. She also shows us the best hospitality, we love visiting over there.

Next on the P.O.W; OKC Zoo in the morning then home to drop off these munchkins so this homeschool mom can get back to The City for Winter Summit weekend. (Yes I know it's really not winter right now but thanks to all the snow & ice we had in Feb. our Retreat Weekend was postponed.)

I'll be back in a few days. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List