Monday, April 5, 2010

Oh my....

It's been WEEKS since I've written anything. Uggg...


So here's what has been going on with us. I'll just post some pictures & blog about them to catch you all up.


This was one of the most happiest days in my life~ I inherited this beautiful sewing machine from my precious Nanaw, my mother's mother. I have so many cherished memories of & from this treasure. I learned how to sew on it, wore many many outfits that were lovingly made on it & I must confess, everytime I walk by it, I touch it and can just FEEL the love & connection I had with my beautiful Nanaw. Now this amazing machine will be the center of our home during our homeschooling & well, just living life. I will post pictures soon of our first outfits that will be made for summer time; DRESSES!!


This is the 100th Singer Anniversary Sewing Machine made in 1955. It was (and still is known as) the best straight stitch machine Singer ever made. It has been beautifully restored by Keith's cousin, David Bullock. I cried when he brought it back to me, I had so much pride, my heart was full & just overflowing with awe at the fact that it pretty much looks like it did the day my Nanaw brought it home. I know she was beaming with pride when she did.

Thank you David for caring so much about my machine & putting all the love & effort you did in restoring it for me.


My pride & joy!

The Featherweight 221 (222 has a free arm that makes sewing cuffs & pant legs much easier) came in a standard black model made in the U.S. Those made before World War II (and apparently a few after the war) had an attractive "Egyptian Scrollwork" pattern on the faceplate, while most of those made after the war had a simple, striated pattern of vertical stripes. They were further decorated with gold decals and the Singer name, but nowhere do they say "Featherweight" on them.

As you can see, mine has the "Egyptian Scrollwork" on it & was made after WWII.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List