Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sew Fun!

Lauren's sparked interest in sewing has truly warmed my heart and it has encouraged me to turn to the love of it myself.


This morning I taught her about the needle, threader, measuring of thread, how to sew a button & the importance of tying knots in your thread. I remember my Nanaw teaching me these things when I was about her age. I would sit in her floor and make clothes for my Barbie. She had this big jar of buttons that I was free to use and always had a nice scrap pile for me to select from.

This morning I cut off some denim jeans for shorts & she had her seamstress "hat" on & immediately asked me if she could make a jacket for her Webkinz. Too cute!

Here's a little of her adventure:


She's concentrating really hard here so she doesn't stick herself with the needle. She has on her thimble though! Go girl!!


Here's the finish products. She made a jacket for Webkinz & a pillow for them too. Good job Sissy!


Now wait a minute....I thought that jacket was for a Webkinz....Sweet Sophie is such a good sport. We love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List