Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Fun-day

Today has been a great day. It's Sunday fun-day for us. Church was great & afterward we came home for lunch and just fended for ourselves. I decided to take on a new chili recipe I found on Rachael Ray's website called BBQ Chili.
I added a little to it, if you really know me you know I rarely follow a recipe exactly.

So here's the link to Rachael's recipe:

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=3189

~I didn't have thick sliced bacon so I used 6 slices of regular.
I used 3 palmfuls (3TBS) of chili powder
~1 half palmful (1/2 TBS) cumin powder
I put in the whole bottle of beer
We always have petite diced tomatoes in our chili so I drained an extra large can of those & put them in last.

It slow simmered on the stovetop for several hours & my goodness did it smell heavenly in the house. Wow!
The end result was tantalizing. We girls gave it a 5 out of 5 star rating however the guys gave it a 4 out of 5 star rating because they said even though it was really good, it didn't have a lot of heat to it. They're right, this chili is not a heat setter but has incredible flavor for a mild chili which was exactly what I was looking for.



Daddy & Chloe were buddies today. She rode with him to church in his truck then right after they hotfooted it over to Lowes for more plywood for our garage shelves. She was most interested in watching the Lowes man operate the giant saw however got a bigger treat when she was able to ride the shopping cart around the store all by herself. (No pictures of that, I was at home, remember?)
Another big deal today was; When Chloe & daddy made this trip to Lowes they forgot something on the counter they had paid for so another trip had to be made. This trip was made on the motorcycle & Chloe was so excited because she's grown over the winter months & now can touch the foot pegs while holding on to daddy so she made the trip back to Lowes on the back of the bike! Wooo Hoo!! I was gone to the BX (Base Exchange) so there is not a picture of this milestone either.

Now our cats give us a lot of joy & one of our funny pictures of the day is featuring Graci, Jimbo's cat.
It's not "Black Friday" but she's in line already!



After our wonderful supper time, we kicked back in front of the television and watched Extreme Home Makeover, made some popcorn with our new air popper then watched the new season of The Amazing Race.





It's not looking too good for our Oklahoma cowboys, Jet & Cord, but we're still cheering them on & will until Phil says, "Jet & Cord, I'm sorry but you have been eliminated from the race." We're also cheering for Margie & Luke, Flight Time & Big Easy (Harlem Globetrotters), and Kisha & Jenn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List