Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chocolate Syrup & Fun Teacher

Today I found a new blog site that I was very impressed with and found a super recipe for homemade chocolate syrup for milk or sundaes.
It was easy to make, very rich and the kids all approved after sampling it in a glass of cold milk.



Here's the recipe:

1/2 c. cocoa
1 c. water
2 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Mix the cocoa powder and the water in a saucepan. Heat and stir to dissolve the cocoa. Add the sugar, and stir to dissolve. Boil for 3 minutes over medium heat. Be careful not to let it get too hot and boil over! Add the salt and the vanilla. Let cool. Pour into a clean glass jar, and store in the refrigerator. Keeps for several months, but trust me it will be gone before then. Yields two cups.

The result is very rich, so I only use a teaspoon for a glass of chocolate milk.


I also found a cool new teaching resource site with all sorts of things like free worksheets, coloring pages, flashcards, songs for kids, educational videos, fun activities & teacher tools.

Go here and check it out:


http://www.havefunteaching.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List